Test your horses to increase their value and improve breeding results.
If you would like to arrange for genetic testing of your horses, please send a message to our customer care team using the form below. We will respond to all queries within 24 hours (Monday-Friday) with a quote and instructions for the collection and shipping of samples to Equinome’s laboratories.
Equinome is able to accept DNA samples from almost all bloodstock regions of the world. Our dedicated customer care team have a wealth of experience in the Thoroughbred bloodstock industry and will be available to answer your questions.
Blood Sample Extraction
- Print off the "Equinome Blood Sample Submission Form". This contains fields for both customer and individual sample details.
- Provide a 4–5ml uncoagulated blood sample from each horse in a plastic purple cap K2-EDTA tube (or equivalent).
- Clearly label each tube with the horse’s name or a unique ID that you have kept for your reference.
- Ensure all details on the Blood Sample Submission Form match the name/unique ID on each blood sample tube.
- Samples should be packaged as per the "Packaging Requirements" below.
- Print off the "VET15 Sample Import Licence" and include it with the packaged samples. This must accompany any samples originating outside of the Republic of Ireland.
- Send the blood samples and documents to: Equinome Laboratories, NovaUCD, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland.
- The primary receptacle (i.e. plastic purple-cap EDTA tube) must be leak-proof with a volumetric capacity of not more than 500mL (16.9 ounces).
- Absorbent material must be placed between the primary receptacle and secondary packaging. If several fragile primary receptacles are placed in a single secondary packaging, they must be individually wrapped or separated so as to prevent contact between them. The absorbent material must be of sufficient quantity to absorb the entire contents of the primary receptacles.
- The secondary packaging must be leak-proof.
- The outer packaging must be clearly and durably marked with the words: "Blood, Animal, Non-Hazardous – Exempt Animal Specimen".
- Contact Equinome's customer care team on +353 (0)1716 3775 to obtain our FedEx® account details to use for shipping.
- Request that a 'FedEx® Clinical Pak' is supplied at pick-up (to be used as an overwrap).
- Record tracking number provided by FedEx® for shipment.